What You’ll Do
Cisco’s software engineers develop the next-generation data center technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just traditional network forwarding.
Who You’ll Work With
Our products need to handle information and network event logs at the the scale of the massively scaled data centers in order to improve operations and security.
We’re looking for ideas from every area of computer science, networking and cyber security, including information storage and retrieval from Big Data systems, network sensors, artificial intelligence, machine learning, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineering developer and leader, you work in a team and lead teams, and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Who You Are
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
* Participate in cutting edge research and development of Big Data applications.
* Develop analytic solutions for real world, large scale problems.
* Come up with novel, techniques to.
Administration knowledge of the following services/products in both in-house Data Center and SaaS models:
- Strong understanding of OSI model (especially networking and transport).
- Expertise of TCP/IP, QoS, TLS / SSL protocols, X.509 Certs, SMTP etc.
- Knowledge of routing and switching with Cisco switches (NXOS). Ability to validate and troubleshoot transmission of packets in a network (on a switch) or on a server.
- Understand how to configure and troubleshoot – SVI, HSRP, VPCs, and ACLs.
- Knowledge of networking aspects in Cloud environment (SaaS hosted in AWS / Azure etc.), VMware etc.
- Understanding the basics of networking with the ability to quickly learn any new protocol and/or network topology. Candidate should be experienced working with Cisco network equipment and have the ability to relay networking issues to other non-networking focused administrators. Willing to participate in an on-call pager rotation.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.