The Team: DCBG Build and Release operations
This position is for an engineering role performing build, branch merge in the Clear case SCM
environment & Tools development. The role involves some cross-functional interaction, and is the gate to
ensure all the policies are met in building images to be released to customers and performing code
merges across branches. Also working on tools used in the build & other branch management activities.
We continually improve processes and the build / branch management tools used for Cisco production releases.
The individual will be required to learn and apply these tools effectively. The individual has to work on
tooling activities. The individual should be a good team player, takes ownership with attention to details,
and be able to solve build and sync issues. Should have the ability to perform work with good quality under
some mentor or management supervision, and demonstrate the ability to manage his/her schedule effectively.
– User level understanding of GIT/Clear Case/other SCM Tools and in depth knowledge in code merges
– Good knowledge with Continuous Integration Tools like., Jenkins
– Scripting skills using Python(preferred), Perl or other scripting languages
– Knowledge in C or any other programming language
– Reasonable problem solver with the sound logic
– Ability to manage issues and drive them to closure with some help from management.
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Understanding of software development methodology and release process