What You’ll Do:
Migration is a key and critical business for Cisco with Customers ranging from Tier-1 to SMBs. Migration tool enables customers and partners to deliver services faster, in an optimized way and with very minimal Network downtime. Device Migration is a growing business for Cisco.
Migration Team is a young, energetic, Agile and Customer focused Team. The Team works closely with CXC, Product Management, BU and other partners.
Understand Device Migration and Customer needs
Lead the delivery of the module assigned
Actively participate in Project and Team meetings
Very good Standout colleague and collaborative across Teams
Excellent ‘Can do’ attitude
Ability to work independently and share knowledge within Team
Clear oral and written communication
Exceptional quality work
Understand standard methodologies
Who You’ll Work with:
The goal of Migration Team is to build state of the art solutions to help customers execute device Migrations without Network downtime, close to accurate config conversions, accurate per/post validations and reduce migration time & OpEx cost. This also aligns with CX strategy.
Who You Are:
You are a self-motivated engineer who can work well in a Team environment. A dedicated individual who believes in continuous learning and contribution.
You have hands on knowledge of application development, unit testing, focus on quality, ontime delivery and be able to learn new technologies.
Years of Experience – 3-5 years
The job involves working on migration of existing products to cloud technology. One would need to design, refactor the existing code, modularize it for micro services, build, deploy and test the same in an appliance and hosted scenario.
Ideal Candidate :
- Hands on knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Scala, Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of Micro Services, Kubernetes and Kafka.
- Working knowledge of Elastic Search.
- Should be able to code and help debug issues.
- Should be able to come up with specs for coding.
- Should have used one of the source control tools – GIT/SVN or any other
- Should have knowledge on performance improvement tools and techniques.
- Good To Have
- Knowledge of Dockers.
- Knowledge of Cassandra
- Deployment tools – Helm/Multi Helm
- Usage of tools like Eclipse for coding and refactoring
- Soft Skills
- Positive attitude and eager to learn new technology.
- Should be able to help and guide others.