People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? The Dell Support & Deployment Services (SDS) Technology group are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team in Bangalore.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a dedication to diversity, sustainability, and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Support Assist provides automated, proactive and predictive technology that reduces troubleshooting steps and speed up your resolution time.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
In this role, you will collaborate and work with Team Leads from different Support Assist components during all phases of the SDLC. The Developer will design, develop, test, maintain and support product features in the Production, Pre-Production and Operations environments. You will join the team in a hands-on role and use modern development methodologies, specifically test-driven-development and continuous delivery in a DevOps culture where you will be involved in all aspects of product development and delivery
- Develop the software using TDD/BDD
- Craft the design specifications for development from approved business cases
- Develop, automate and execute unit, contract, integration and system tests
- Building CI & CD pipelines
- Performs impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Develop, test and implement program logic.
- Coordination in multi-functional team and with other geographically distributed engineering teams.
- Active participation in Scrum/Kanban meetings and Demos.
- Fix production issues on demand.
- Experience in TDD/BDD (Test/Behavior driven development), Agile development, CI/CD, DevOps
- Front end technologies – HTML5, CSS3, JS, JS frameworks like Angular 6, React, MVC core concepts etc.
- Core Java, collections, Spring Framework, Spring Boot and JPA with application architecture
- Good Knowledge and experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience in designing Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Excellent programming skills with in-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with tools like jenkins, maven, git, TFS etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and a great teammate
- Experience working in a DevOps centric development process employing continuous delivery
- Bigdata, Hadoop and Elastic Search
- Building cloud native applications / microservices
- Pivotal Cloud foundry
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.