Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
- Key Responsibilities:
- You will be working with a large, highly skilled team on a critical project.
- You will be expected to contribute to design and implementation decisions, take feedback constructively and work towards the common goals of quality project delivery under aggressive time lines.
- You will be responsible for writing Functional and Technical Designs/Test Cases following Dell Templates, along with all testing matrices.
- Knowledge and experience with test-driven design and disciplined testing methodology is essential; this expressly includes generation of functional/Regression test cases for all business relevant code you/team generate.
- You must be able to communicate effectively with team members: both core and extended members.
- Essential Requirements:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Execute all levels of testing including Smoke, Regression, Functional, Usability, System, and User Acceptance Testing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track defects
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- A thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Test Life Cycle
- Understanding of Testing methodologies and Testing best practices including Test Case Generation Techniques, effective Bug Reporting, and Testing metrics
- Test execution in the various phases, logging defects, and tracking them to closure.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive the continuous improvement of our software quality standards, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.