Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software quality engineer 1.
Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
This is an exciting initiative to upgrade and build next generation data center architectures while also creating new data center specific services that complete the architectures for clients who are looking for Convergence, Consolidation, Virtualization and Automation of their complex data center functions. Strong consultancy skills are a must for this position along with the ability to develop low level repeatable service methodologies.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise in the use of Data Center products and their use in the design of Converged Infrastructure through Network, Compute, Storage and Virtualization architecture.
* Candidate in this role need to have a minimum of 1+ years VMware enterprise level experience.
* System testing, and Integration testing.Experience in the design, installation, configuration, and administration of components in a large VMware environment centered around best practices, to include vCenter, VMware Update Manager, vCenter Operations Manager.
* Must have experience in vSphere 6.x.
* Experience in upgrading ESXi hosts and VM guests using VMware Update Manager.
• Experience with HW, FW and SW testing
• Hands on experience with Server testing (Dell or Cisco servers)
• Experience setting up Test Environments including configuring Servers.
• Experience in working with server modules like RAID, NIC Cards etc.
• Able to run scripts , review logs and make modification to fix issues .
*Virtualization domain knowledge, Hands on experience on VMWare
* Experience in Cisco Nexus family of switches like Nexus 7K, 5K, 1K
* Experience in Cisco UCS Computing
* Experience in design and implementation of Datacenter Ethernet & Datacenter Interconnect technologies
* Experience in Converged Network and/or Unified Storage Infrastructure in Datacenter
* Intermediate or expert level knowledge in Datacenter Security
* Experience with server virtualization at a large enterprise
* Experience with server platforms, UCS blade server or rack mount server ( x86 )
* Experience and deep knowledge in the server virtualization concepts such as consolidation, live migration, etc. with proven hands-on experience
* Ability to propose and implement solution studies based on virtualization trends
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Capable of mentoring and delivering training to field sales and support staff
* Network and Storage knowledge is a plus
Desired professional certifications for the candidate to have are:
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or CCIE
* VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
* EMC – VNX Unified Storage Deployment and Management
• Working knowledge on Nexus 5548
• Compute – Cisco UCS Blade servers – DCUCI certified or relevant work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive the continuous improvement of our software quality standards, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.