Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today’s students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Design, development, test and implement high quality enterprise software, as a member of a creative, agile development team creating solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced delivery focused environment.
- Support customer adoption of new solutions.
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies and functionality.
- Embrace and evangelize change.
- Work with ambiguity and changing priorities yet always focused on the end result.
- Oriented towards problem-solving and analyzing impacts: both technically and functionally.
- Demonstrate ownership from specification review to final testing.
- Highly motivated self-starter with advanced capability to quickly learn, and work with new technologies and complex technical environments, including a variety of databases and operating systems.
- 3 to 5 years of in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with Java, Spring and Hibernate, SQL, Pl-SQL, and Web services.
- Experience working in Unix / Linux based operating system.
- Experience in relational databases and SQL development.
- Experience with Agile software development practices such as XP, Lean Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Working knowledge in CI and CD tools like Jenkins.
- Demonstrated proficiency in DevOps and cloud computing.
- Experience in JQuery/AJAX/AngularJs.
- Experience in Groovy and Grails will be an added advantage.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.