HackerEarth provides enterprise software solutions that help organisations in their innovation management and talent assessment needs. HackerEarth Recruit is a talent assessment platform that helps in efficient technical talent screening allowing organisations to build strong, proficient teams. HackerEarth Sprint is an innovation management software that helps organisations drive innovation through internal and external talent pools, including HackerEarth’s global community of 2M+ developers.
Today, HackerEarth serves 750+ organisations, including leading Fortune 500 companies from around the world. General Electric, IBM, Amazon, Apple, Wipro, Walmart Labs, and Bosch are some of the brands that trust HackerEarth in helping them drive growth.
A key player in the marketing team, the Content Editor will create compelling copy for various channels/formats. The person in this role will be an outstanding communicator, both verbal and written, and embrace a collaborative and proactive approach to work. You will take ownership for the quality of the customer experience and ensure that HackerEarth is a brand to reckon with. If you have an impressive track record of writing/editing content for online audiences and managing digital communications campaigns, then this role is perfect for you.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with content owners across the business to help develop online content for use across the web
- Edit text, figures, and tables content in a timely fashion for style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, tact, internal consistency, and clarity.
- Ensure content is written in an engaging and accessible way for the relevant audience and is consistent in terms of the tone of voice, style, and key messaging across all media
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Write blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services
- Help manage the content publishing schedule to ensure a steady flow of new and/or repurposed content is delivered across our website
- Work closely with designers to ensure a cohesive relationship between copy and design
- Ensure that all published content, including branded emails, promotional materials, and website content, adhere to strict messaging and brand guidelines
- Proof content to ensure that it is grammatically and factually correct, working with stakeholders to seek clarity where needed
- Optimize content using SEO and industry best practices
- Analyze data and analytics and seek to increase reader engagement and retention
- Supervise a team of writers and coordinate with freelance contributors
- Manage own performance and contribute to building a high-performance culture
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven work experience as a content editor/writer, communication specialist, or similar role Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate communication and community engagement projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop content for a broad range of channels and audiences
- Strong understanding of translating technical concepts into simple English and prepping content for digital channels, media, blogs, and print
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research and web analytics
- High attention to detail and proven quality in written work
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to provide PR support through press release writing, copywriting, media liaison, distribution, and media monitoring is a plus
It is a very exciting time to be joining the team. HackerEarth is growing exponentially, so if you are looking to take your career to the next level, this is the place for you!