Designs, builds, and integrates applications and platforms to support Intel’s business needs. Responsible for application packaging deployment that meets IT standards. Responsible for understanding various client and/or server architectural blueprints, operating system build technologies, system patching, system management & auditing; automation, as well as server build processes. Designs and appropriately builds out all environments, which includes use of external application landing zones (DMZ), Network Load Balancing (NLB), Storage Area Networks (SAN), Microsoft OS and SQL clusters, and data encryption. Provides these services on both internal and externally facing applications, and interacts with customers, IT partners, system architects, product managers, design engineers, service and support teams, and other system users who require input regarding their planned or existing system.
We are looking for software engineers with programming and scripting skills to develop applications and support the IT infrastructure and services. This includes Infrastructure automation, UNIX and/or Windows System administration.
It would also be desirable if the candidate had familiarity in the following areas:
– Very good understanding of Windows/Linux/UNIX infrastructure capabilities such as Active directory (AD), LDAP, NIS, NFS, AutoFS, RPC etc.
– Very good understanding of capabilities such Virtualization, VMWare, Hyper-V technologies
– Data Structures and Software architecture design methods, techniques, and principles
– MSSQL or MySQL database programming and/or design
– Software development processes such as Agile methodology
– Interface with internal business unit representatives, engineering and operations teams and help/guide them on technical tasks and guidelines
– Interface with external stake-holders including hardware and software solution vendors
– Good communication and presentation skills to interact with customers
– Ability to work independently, be proactive and collaborative, multitask effectively.
– Possess a strong sense of ownership and transparent acceptance of responsibility.
– Self driven, quick learner and team player
– Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to persuade and negotiate across all levels in the organization
– Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
– Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
– Able to effectively priorities tasks in a dynamic environment
The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and have skills in Java, Python, Perl, C#, Windows PowerShell scripting.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.