The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as senior developer. This position is for an Applications Developer to join an Agile team building out an innovative new platform within CIB Banking Connect Application. The application will be designed as a suite of micro-services that will be cloud-enabled and will leverage a high level of test automation and deployment automation to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery.
The team is a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end, full stack development of the application. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication.
You will be expected to be a well-regarded and respected individual contributor; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed cache technology and building scalable robust systems. In return, you will have opportunity to gain exposure to designing, developing and deploying applications to the internal/external cloud.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
- Writing mission critical software in the core technologies listed below
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks and Test Driven Development
- Digesting Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality in partnership with SMEs
- Ability to understand business processes and map them to solutions
- Working with global team of developers; operational business SMEs and users
- Excellent Core Java (version 8) with knowledge of Java 1.8 features
- Experience with Functional Programming languages such as Scala, Clojure, or similar language
- RESTful microservices
- No-SQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
- Log Management with Splunk or ELK
- Experience working with a Distributed Cache (Gemfire, Hazel, Memcache)
- Multi-threaded Programming and Transaction Handling (JMS, Database)
- Source code control software (e.g. Git, subversion)
- Google Protocol buffers or similar binary message transport
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance platforms which have low error rates
- Some RDBMS experience exposure
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience in TDD and pair programming
- Cloud foundry or Amazon AWS experience
- Experience with Micro Services, Service Orientated Architectures
- Track record delivering in Investment Bank Environment
- Reactive Development
- Analytics using Apache Spark
- Cucumber and Selenium
- Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance, and approach
strong communication and team-working skills
- Bright and enthusiastic, self-starter
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, mission critical environment
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran