Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI’s, web.
May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
As a Systems Developer you will help McAfee Information Development maintain, improve, and extend the IaaS/SaaS infrastructure and client tools that support our information supply chain. Working with a Technical Architect, you will:
- Develop applications, scripts, and utilities that streamline the authoring, translation, management, and delivery of technical content.
- Interact with product engineering, sales/marketing, and service/software vendors to integrate product & support applications with information solutions.
- Set up proof-of-concept environments and evaluate/test proposed tools, solutions, and platforms.
- Help to maintain and administer current tool chain and current platforms.
- Optimize and/or automate information development supply chain processes.
- Qualified in Software Engineering, Mathematics, or similar fields of study.
- Demonstrated experience developing scripts, applications, or tools to solve specific, customer-defined business or process problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of XML/XSLT/Xpath and leading XML authoring tools like XMetaL and Oxygen. Direct experience with DITA Open Toolkit is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Technical familiarity with IIS, Apache, jMeter, SharePoint, VMWare, and source control systems (Github, SVN, etc.).
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Support for Community Involvement