The Business Enabling team within Medtronic is responsible for the development, support and maintenance of Business Enabling platform to enable growth through innovation, create differentiated customer experiences, and drive efficiencies and operational excellence. The teams leverages range of technology platforms including, Enterprise Custom Web applications, Content Management Solutions, Archival Solutions (InfoArchive), Product lifecycle Management, product/ packaged applications, sales enabled platform (Siebel CRM)
A Day in the Life
Forms a critical part of the Medtronic Business Enabling application program team. Archival and retention program Provides a service to archive data in compliance with Medtronic RIM policies and retire applications in read only state or no longer in use. Moving data that is no longer actively used to a separate storage device for long-term retention in alignment with Medtronic’s Records Retention Policy and regulatory requirements. Data archives are indexed, searchable and can be easily located and retrieved.
- Thorough knowledge in web testing, testing techniques
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience in testing (Preparation and execution) Service Oriented Architecture(JSON, REST Services)
- Knowledge/Experience in Java, Object Oriented concepts or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, Agile methodology, and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience using HP ALM for test development, execution, defect management and traceability
- Hands on experience in Functional Testing, Regression testing and/or User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Should have worked with a global team and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, responsibility and accountability
- Good diagnostic, problem solving and issue resolution ability.
- Ability to learn quickly, work with demanding deadlines and some degree of conflicting priorities
- Graduation in Engineering (BE/B.Tech) or Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) from a reputed institute/university.
- Overall experience of 1 to 3 years in below technologies.
- Responsible for test development and execution (Functional and Regression) on various Medtronic applications (Info Archive).
- Assisting the business with user acceptance testing (UAT) and post Go-live support, when required
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality, consults with development team in resolution of problem. Compliance to defect management life cycle
- Collaborate proactively with global stakeholders such as business analysts, test leads and other team members
- for successful delivery
- Works under close supervision/guidance with frequent review of objectives to be met
- Must learn on the job towards developing domain knowledge along with technical skills
- Must acquire knowledge of Medtronic Quality tools and best practices
- Contribute in knowledge management initiatives
- Ensure the deliverables meet Medtronic quality standards.
- Experience with VersionOne
- Experience in the Life Sciences domain
- Test automation using Selenium or UFT
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Bachelor of Technology (B Tech) or Master of Computer Application (MCA) from a reputed institute/university.