Microfocus is seeking a talented and motivated software developer to assume the role of software engineer for our product in the Cloud R&D space. We are looking for people with the right blend of skills, education, experience, and attitude to fill this exciting and challenging position.
The Platespin team works in the Cloud R&D space. If a candidate is looking to experience the challenges and fun of end to end product development, continuous learning and improvement, work in the Cloud R&D space and with a team of strong and diverse developers, Platespin has all this to offer and more.
The candidate should have 3-5 years of development experience and will work with a team of talented software engineers. The candidate should be able to contribute and succeed with minimal supervision or oversight. We are seeking someone experienced in .Net technologies and C# as a programming language. The candidate should have worked in the Virtualization domain. Knowledge on Cloud concepts and different cloud platforms is desirable. Linux skills are highly desirable as well.
- Design and develop software products in the Cloud R&D organization of Microfocus.
- Help engineering team achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Provide solutions for wide range of complex problems; independently determine and develop solutions with limited supervision
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming
- Interacting with cross-geo team members as and when needed.
- Providing input for product documentation
- Working on customer issues whenever needed and product initiatives
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- Mandatory Skills – Experienced .Net, C#, Virtualization
- Desired Skills – Cloud Platforms, Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of design patterns
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Possess good communication skills (written and verbal English)
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor within a team
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely with minimal oversight from supervisor
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Passion for software development
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Possess a positive attitude
- Self-starter with the ability to dig-in
- Experience in SCRUM a plus
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status