If you are interested in extending the cutting edge of cloud-scale distributed systems, and building the next generation technologies, we would love to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Building cloud scale products with focus on efficiency, reliability and security.
• Building relationships with customers and partners to understand business goals and technical requirements.
• Owning the products and driving them end to end, all the way from gathering requirements, development, testing, deployment to ensuring high availability post deployment.
• Contribute to the architecture & design of the products.
• Helping evolve engineering practices & principles that marry the flexibility of open source and fast pace of service world.
• Ensuring the consistency of designs of features and components for high availability, reliability, security and Scale.
• Triaging issues and implementing solutions to restore service with minimal disruption to the customer and business. Perform root cause analysis, trend analysis and post mortems.
Successful candidates will have excellent experience in one or more of these areas:
• Delivering Cloud services in an engineering role
• Committing or contributing to any Open Source big data technologies
• Enterprise products design and implementation (Java/C#/C++)
• Distributed systems design and implementation
• Combinatorial optimization algorithms (any domain)
Working experience on any of the below technologies will be an added advantage:
• Apache Hadoop (HDFS/MR)
• Apache YARN/Hive/HBase
• Apache SPARK/Jupyter/Zepppelin
• Apache MESOS
• Apache Tez
• Microsoft Azure Services (any)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation
due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away