At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Bangalore, India. In this role, you will standardize processes and create solutions for product teams by delivering changes in a disciplined manner. You’ll contribute to the upstream community and work on the productization of the projects. As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with engineering teams to help ensure Red Hat’s solutions reach market in a timely fashion and with excellent quality. In addition, you will streamline tooling, improve solution releases, and guide team processes.
Primary job responsibilities
- Write automated tests and work with our continuous integration (CI) systems
- Interact with multiple teams within Red Hat as well as with the open source community
- Contribute to release engineering tooling to deliver the functionality according to established requirements
- Communicate feedback from developers to stakeholders; develop new features, identify and investigate defects, review designs, and test new features
- Educate the team on new features through sprint reviews or small team presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Linux operating system and its administration
- Passion for open source software development
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience scripting and programming using Java
- Experience with Red Hat Middleware portfolio of solutions
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee