PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Internet-of-Things can provide breakthroughs in the way we work and live. Analysts expect up to 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020. SAP is committed to shape this emerging market and to take advantage of our leadership position in business applications, cloud and technology.
Our group is at the forefront of this initiative at SAP. We are actively driving the definition of the product portfolio, take responsibility to develop and commercialize the first applications and orchestrate the evolution of existing products to make them fit for the connected world. Our activities range from shaping new business models for SAP, articulating our strategy to customers up to the definition of technical requirements for our new cloud IoT platform – and of course developing solutions for and with our customers, in the spaces of Big Data & Developer Experience as well. We are a diverse team of highly experienced and engaged colleagues to make this happen.
Now, we are looking for cutting edge developers who want an opportunity to learn new things while showing off their skills by helping our customers gain creative insights into their data and share those insights. You will be a part of the IoT Application Enablement team that is part of the Leonardo Foundation, closely work with co-innovation customers on Proof of Concepts (PoCs), pilots and finally solutions and products.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will support mainstream platform development, conducting of feasibility studies, develop fast and early prototypes and design great solution approaches. From the beginning on you drive parts of the prototyping efforts to explore new scenarios enabled by in-memory computing running in the cloud.
You play an active role in all aspects of the development process including identification of user needs, ideation, prototyping, iterative end user validation testing. You will work in a high energy work environment with close cooperation with co-innovation customers.
You have a passion for problem solving and are always pushing for better, faster, simpler solutions to complex business processes and technical challenges. You believe the solutions of today are outdated and out of step with emerging trends in the market place. You have the ability of turning vision into reality and striving for excellence in all that you do. You are self-motivated, flexible, action oriented and driven to succeed.
If this describes you, then we want to hear from you as soon as possible!
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MS/MCA fulltime with 65% and above across
• Ability to transfer business requirement into a realizable technical requirement
• Good Technical and Analytical skills
• Strong programming background with good technical skills on Core Java/Scala (Multi threading, Data structures and Unit testing)
• Experience in at least one distributed messaging framework (Kafka/Kinesis etc)
• Experience in at least one big data stack project (Spark/Flume/Flink/Hadoop etc)
• Experience in at least one big data database (Cassandra, MongoDB, Red Shift etc)
• Proven ability to quickly acquire proficient development skills in new areas and technologies
• Team player who is desperately looking for new challenges
3 -6 Years of experice in developing Cloud Applications or web based enterprise applications.