SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Platform [SAP CP| https://cloudplatform.sap.com] based on Cloud Foundry is an Open, Industry Standard Platform-as-a-Service offering from SAP. At SAP, it is a business technology platform of choice to extend, integrate and build innovative cloud applications. SAP Cloud Platform helps drive the digital transformation with multi-cloud architecture option and offers a simple, robust and flexible cloud native enterprise platform to build, deploy and manage innovative business applications.
Cloud Platform Core forms the foundation of SAP Cloud Platform, providing key capabilities and services around platform core components [like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes], extension factory, commercial infrastructure services, platform services, data management services etc
As an integral member of the SAP Cloud Platform Core Unit in Bangalore, India, you will be contributing to development in one of the following areas:
- Data Management Services for Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes Environments – Both SAP Managed and Cloud Provider based data management services
- Kubernetes as a Service – Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Cluster as a Service
- Kernel Services – Enable the development of SAP CP Kernel Services – technical services used by all SAP cloud solutions to make the Intelligent Enterprise a reality for our customers
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Demonstrate excellent quality, design, development and delivery skills in scrum teams working in short development and release cycles.
- Use and extend Open Source frameworks heavily and contribute to them, as well.
- Work with geographically distributed teams seamlessly
- Building upon domain knowledge in the area of application and service development in cloud and also in the technical/proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise
- Having a logical approach to problem solving and have the ability to respond to detailed queries
- Working as a fully contributing team member with independent planning & execution responsibilities
- Site reliability engineering for the Service that your team is responsible for
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Passion towards adopting and contributing to open source
- Ability to work with the team in the design and development aspects for the product
- Good understanding of building scalable Web Applications/Cloud Services using cutting edge Web Technologies (JQuery, Server-Side JS, REST, OData)
- Sound knowledge in Object Oriented Programming Principles, Design Patterns, Software Architecture
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Goal-oriented team worker with good communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work independently, and eagerness to learn and explore new topics
- Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Languages – Java, NodeJS, Golang
- Scripting Languages – Chef, Python, Shell Scripting
- Storage & Databases – Swift, S3, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Messaging – RabbitMQ
- PaaS & Container Orchestration – Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes
- IaaS – AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology, majoring in Computer Science, from a premiere institute, with excellent academic records.
- Sound understanding cloud native development and architecture
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in software development
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, ERP, Web Design, SAP, Technology, Engineering, Creative